Cook the regional cuisine that has made Lyon world famous
Renowned for its authentic cuisine, for the past 80 years Lyon has held its position as food capital of France and the world. This could not have been achieved without Lyon’s “bouchons”, the traditional restaurants & taverns of the city that are minutes away from your boutique hotel.
The gastronomic tradition of Lyon lives on!
During your short-stay in Lyon, you are obliged to test, try and enjoy the food at a local bouchon for an authentic high-quality culinary experience! There are a variety of traditional restaurants offering an exceptional dinning experience and excellent hospitality only a few minutes away your hotel or city apartment.
Use your kitchen to cook in your luxury apartment
At Arts Hotels Lyon city apartments all suites and apartments are fully equipped with Italian kitchenette making it an ideal place to practice your culinary skills during your holiday in Lyon.
Cooking classes in the city of food
Whether you are a beginner or amateur chef, you can take a cooking class in a relaxed atmosphere at one of Lyon’s local cooking schools. Learn tricks, secrets and cooking tips from chefs to choose your ingredients, make delicious recipes and prepare beautiful dishes near your boutique hotel. Sweet or savoury, your friends and guests will be impressed when you get home!
- Les Atelier des Chefs, 8 rue Saint-Nizier 69002. Tel. : 04 78 92 46 30
- Charcuterie Bobosse, 102 cours Lafayette Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse 69003. Tel. : 04 78 62 66 10
- Paul Bocuse Institute’s Cookery School, 20 Place Bellecour 69002 Lyon. Tel. : 04 78 37 03 00
Visit a local bouchon near your hotel
- Aux Trois Cochons, 9 rue des Marronniers 69002 Lyon. Tel. : 04 72 41 93 31
- Buchon comptoir Brunet, 23 rue Claudia 69002 Lyon. Tel. : 04 78 37 44 31
Rates: A la carte: 10 to 20 € / Adult menu: 26 € / Dish of the day: 12 € / Menu of the day: 17 to 20 €.
Open from Tue. to Sat.: noon-2:30 pm and 7:30 pm-10:30 pm. Closed the first week of Jan., on May 1st, the week of Aug. 15th and Dec. 31st.
- Les Lyonnais Saint Jean,19 Rue de la Bombarde, 69005 Lyon. Tel. : 04 78 37 64 82
- La tête de Lard, 13 rue Désirée 69001 Lyon. Tel. : 04 78 27 96 80
- Culottes Longues, 42 rue Sala 69002 Lyon. Tel. : 04 78 37 13 00
Rates: A la carte: € 8 (starters) to € 27 (meals) / Adult menu: € 14 to € 26.50 / Dish of the day: € 11.
Open from Tue. to Sat.: noon-3 pm and 7:30 pm-10:30 pm. Closed on bank hols. and from Aug. 1st to 20th.